This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
Procurement and Section 3
PURPOSE: This seminar focuses on HUD’s handbook 7460.8 REV 2, which includes essential information for PHAs to comply with HUD regulations. This training will help your PHA establish an up-to-date and comprehensive procurement policy. Understanding the handbook and how it relates to project-based accounting, budgeting, and management will help you delegate more procurement and contract management responsibilities and accountability to your sites. By the end of this training, you should understand how to obtain the highest quality goods and services for the right cost, delivered on time, and in compliance with applicable laws and policies. In addition, you can learn to estimate costs of goods and services, develop criteria for the analysis of proposals, and realize cost savings in your procurement operation. The training will also cover temporary regulatory changes resulting from ARRA, stimulus dollars, and the “Buy American” provision.
Understanding the handbook and implementing changes in PHA procurement policy is essential because the handbook:
PHAs need up-to-date information in order to comply with HUD's Section 3 requirements. NMA's one-day workshop will bring your agency up to speed on the most recent HUD Webcasts and guidance.
- Provides very clear direction on what is mandatory and what is not
- Provides important definitions, including micro purchase, intended to “drill down” procurement to the site
- Simplifies and streamlines requirements to encourage more decentralization of procurement
- Contains strong guidance on ethics in procurement and contract management
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Procurement and Section 3 Course, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Identify the procurement requirements the PHA must follow
- Recognize the various methods of procurement and contracting available to the PHA
- Understand how procurement can become more decentralized
- Apply good contract management principles
- Identify the programs that Section 3 applies to.
- Understand the compliance requirements of Section 3.
- Insure contractor's compliance.
- Identify the strategies for the implementation of a section 3 program
- Recognize all the components of a Section 3 plan.
|SEMINAR #: ||101-048 |
|AGENDA: ||View the agenda |
|MATERIALS: ||Procurement Course Book, Section 3 Course Book, NMA pen, pencil, and bag |
|METHOD: ||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A |
Basic program level. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None
|LENGTH: ||Three days |
|AUDIENCE: ||Procurement and contract management staff |
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available. |
|CREDITS: || |
CPE units w/ exam = 22 CEU units w/ exam = 1.8
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of housing programs and issues
|REGISTER: ||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below. |