HCV Rent Calculation Certification
PURPOSE: The seminar which covers eligibility, rent calculation, and occupancy, also focuses on Final rule changes regarding social security number verification and EIV mandatory implementation.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of HCV Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate the family share and housing assistance payment (HAP) for a family in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate the HAP and family share for an HCV family using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
|COURSE NO: ||101-021 |
|MATERIALS: ||HCV Rent Calculation Workbook |
|METHOD: ||Online seminar |
|LENGTH: ||14.8 hours |
|AUDIENCE: || |
Occupancy and reexam staff and supervisors.
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is included |
|CREDITS: ||CEU units w/ exam = 1.4 |
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
|REGISTER: ||Click here to register online |
|PRICE: ||HTVN Subscriber Fee: $475 |