Rent Calculation for PH and HCV Certification
PURPOSE: The purpose of this seminar is to teach rent calculation for both the public housing and housing choice voucher programs. The seminar has been carefully structured for combination areas to be trained together. Final rule changes regarding EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this seminar.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Rent Caculation for PH and HCV course, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Identify the types of income that must be included in or excluded from annual income using 24 CFR, Section 7 of the 50058, learning activities, and narrative instruction.
- Calculate and track the earned income disallowance (EID) using 24 CFR, NMA’s EID worksheet, learning activities, discussion, and narrative instruction.
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets using 24 CFR, Section 6 of the 50058, learning activities, and narrative instruction.
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income using 24 CFR, Section 8 of the 50058, learning activities and narrative instruction.
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses using the HUD verification guidebook and narrative instruction.
- Calculate rent using annual and adjusted income in learning activities using Sections 9, 10, and 12 of the 50058 as well as narrative instruction.
||Rent Calculation for PH and HCV Work book
||18 hours 9 minutes
Occupancy and reexam staff and supervisors.
||The certification exam is available for $150.
||CEU units w/ exam = 1.8
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Register online at http://htvn.maplelearn.com/nanmckay/
||HTVN Subscriber Fee: $505