Rent Calculation for PH and HCV Certification
PURPOSE: The purpose of this seminar is to teach rent calculation for both the public housing and housing choice voucher programs. The seminar has been carefully structured for combination areas to be trained together. Final rule changes regarding EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this seminar.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of HCV & Public Housing Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate the family share and housing assistance payment (HAP) for a family in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program and tenant rent for a family in the public housing program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate the HAP and family share for an HCV family using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
|COURSE NO: ||13104 |
|MATERIALS: ||Rent Calculation for PH and HCV Work book |
|METHOD: ||Online seminar |
|LENGTH: ||18 hours 9 minutes |
|AUDIENCE: || |
Occupancy and reexam staff and supervisors.
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is available for $150. |
|CREDITS: ||CEU units w/ exam = 1.8 |
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
|REGISTER: ||Register online at http://htvn.maplelearn.com/nanmckay/ |
|PRICE: ||HTVN Subscriber Fee: $505 |