Careers at NMA
If you are interested in joining our team in Chicago to administer an innovative HCV program, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls, please).
Nan McKay & Associates, Inc. (NMA) is an industry leader in providing training and consulting through performance improvement solutions to housing authorities. Since 1980, NMA has had a successful and proven history of bringing consulting and training excellence to thousands of public housing agencies and their staff.
We invest in our people by providing the best in training, mentoring, and coaching to support personal and professional growth. We offer opportunities for valuable professional experience in a collaborative work environment, with strong leaders and support. We believe in rewarding excellent performance with opportunities for career advancement.
NMA is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions:
We're having a job fair Sunday May 18, 2013. We're seeking Housing Specialists. Come ready to share your talents and skills! Click here for more information.
NMA is seeking dynamic potential contract trainers and consultants interested in joining a cadre of dedicated individuals who are making a difference and having fun doing it!
NMA STAFF TRAINER OPENING –TRAINER/ASSOCIATE
NMA is looking for contract trainers with legal and/or advocacy experience in fair housing. In order to be a contract trainer, you must be able to train once per month (2-3 days). New trainers undergo an intensive audition process. NMA’s commitment is 100% accuracy! If you’re interested, please submit resume via email to Cara Gillette, Senior Associate, at email@example.com. Emails only, please.
NMA CONSULTANT OPENINGS
NMA is actively seeking dynamic potential contract consultants, and part- or full-time employees, interested in joining a cadre of dedicated individuals who are making a difference and having fun doing it! NMA is a fast-paced entrepreneurial company whose mission is to drive professional growth through performance improvement solutions. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality training, consulting, and performanceimprovement tools to organizations in the assisted housing field across the country.
We are seeking experienced housing professionals who have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience in one or more of the following programs:
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Public housing Program
- Family Self Sufficiency Program
- Low-income Tax Credit Programs
Knowledge of HUD regulations in the housing authority or multifamily industry, or regulations in the low-income tax credit program.
- Three or more years experience as an executive director, program director, analyst, policy writer, or high-level supervisor in a housing authority, or asset manager in the multifamily industry.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
- Ability to work with customers to identify weaknesses, determine potential solutions, implement activities and report on results.
- Ability to be a team leader, directing the efforts of others. Willingness to be a team member, following the direction of others.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to diplomatically discuss program weaknesses with high and mid-level government officials.
- Outstanding written communication skills
This position will consult on a contract basis, with the possibility as a full-time or part-time staff position (NMA employee) after six months. A contract consultant must be willing and able to work at least 10 days per month.
Residing in San Diego is not required although some week-long stays in San Diego will be required. These stays in San Diego are necessary for planning and education purposes. There will be no compensation for these stays, although plane fare and lodging will be provided.
Submit resume via email to Cara Gillette, Senior Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails only, please.
- Complete and submit supplemental questionnaire (will be emailed to candidates).
- Complete online presentation style assessment (as assigned).
- Complete telephone interview.
- Complete a mini-assessment project.
- Successful candidates will be invited for an interview at the NMA office.
- Progression to each level will be evaluated by NMA.
Upon hire, necessary training will be provided. For consultants not residing in San Diego, ability to attain NMA knowledge standards within three months is required. For employees, benefits include medical, dental and 401K.