Careers at NMA
Nan McKay & Associates, Inc. (NMA) is an industry leader in providing training and consulting through performance improvement solutions to housing authorities. Since 1980, NMA has had a successful and proven history of bringing consulting and training excellence to thousands of public housing agencies and their staff.
We invest in our people by providing the best in training, mentoring, and coaching to support personal and professional growth. We offer opportunities for valuable professional experience in a collaborative work environment, with strong leaders and support. We believe in rewarding excellent performance with opportunities for career advancement.
NMA San Diego is currently hiring for:
Quality Control Specialist
NMA Chicago is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions:
NMA Miami is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions:
Call Center Representative Team Leader
If you are interested in joining our team in Chicago or Miami to administer an innovative HCV program, please email your resume to email@example.com (no phone calls, please). Resumes that are not sent to this email address will not be considered.
NMA Contract Trainer Openings
Currently, NMA is not hiring staff positions. However, if you are interested in being a contract trainer for NMA, we occasionally need to increase our team of housing professionals with specific expertise and experience. NMA is a fast-paced entrepreneurial company whose mission is to drive professional growth through performance improvement solutions. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality training, consulting, and performance improvement tools to organizations in the assisted housing field across the country.
We may have the need for experienced housing experts, willing to travel once a month or more, who have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience in one or more of the following programs:
- Housing Choice Voucher program -- regulations and management
- Blended occupancy/combined funded projects -- public housing, LIHTC, PBV and/or PBRA
- Family Self-Sufficiency program -- management, regulations and case management
NMA Contract Consultant Openings
Currently, NMA is not hiring staff positions. However, if you are interested in being a contract consultant for NMA, we occasionally need to increase our team of housing professionals with specific expertise and experience. NMA is a fast-paced entrepreneurial company whose mission is to drive professional growth through performance improvement solutions. Our commitment is to deliver the highest quality training, consulting and performance improvement tools to organizations in the assisted housing field across the country.
We may have the need for experienced housing professionals who have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience in one or more of the following programs:
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Public Housing Program
- Family Self Sufficiency Program
- Low-income Housing Tax Credit Program
Knowledge of HUD regulations in the housing authority or multifamily industry, or regulations in the low-income tax credit program.
- Three or more years experience as an executive director, program director, analyst, policy writer, or high-level supervisor in a housing authority, or asset manager in the multifamily industry.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
- Ability to work with customers to identify weaknesses, determine potential solutions, implement activities and report on results.
- Ability to be a team leader, directing the efforts of others. Willingness to be a team member, following the direction of others.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to diplomatically discuss program weaknesses with high and mid-level government officials.
- Outstanding written communication skills
NMA is only seeking individuals interested in being a contract trainer or contract consultant. A contract trainer must be willing and able to travel at least once per month. A contract consultant must be willing and able to work at least 10 days per month.
Residing in San Diego is not required although some week-long stays in San Diego may be required.These stays in San Diego are necessary for planning and education purposes.There will be no compensation for these stays, although plane fare and lodging will be provided.
Interested individuals should submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do NOT send resumes for Chicago or Miami to this address. Emaill those resumes to email@example.com) Emails only, please.
- Complete and submit supplemental questionnaire (will be emailed to candidates).
- Complete online presentation style assessment (as assigned).
- Complete telephone interview.
- Complete a mini-assessment project.
- Successful candidates will be invited for an interview at the NMA office.
- Progression to each level will be evaluated by NMA.
For consultants not residing in San Diego, ability to attain NMA knowledge standards within three months is required.