PURPOSE: Get three NMA trainings: eligibility, rent calculation, and occupancy, all rolled into one! In one week, participants can acquire the knowledge they need to do their job. This HCV training is a must-attend. Final rule changes regarding social security number verification and EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this seminar. This seminar was recently updated to include information on PIH 2013-03 and 2013-04.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of the HCV Specialist Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Correctly determine family eligibility for the HCV program
- Perform required occupancy activities for families participating in the HCV program
- Calculate rent for families participating in the HCV program
When you have completed the Eligibility portion of the seminar, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic HCV program information through discussion and directed instruction
- Apply HUD requirements regarding fair housing to the HCV program operations through discussion and narrative instruction
- Recognize all the factors of eligibility and how they affect families as they apply to the program through narrative instruction and discussion
- Discuss wait list management as it applies to application, preferences, and removal through discussion and narrative instruction
- Review the final eligibility determination stage through discussion, narrative instruction, and examination of the Screening and Eviction Rule
When you have completed the Occupancy portion of the seminar, you should be able to:
- Understand the process of voucher issuance from discussion and narrative instruction
- Understand the leasing process in its entirety through narrative instruction, a hands-on learning activity, discussion, and reading
- Discuss the different processes for determining rent reasonableness
- List and define annual activities through discussion and narrative instruction
- Discuss reasons for termination and the informal hearing process through discussion and narrative instruction
- Demonstrate knowledge of portability, the challenges it presents, and the expectations for housing authorities on both ends of the process through narrative instruction, examining form 52665, and discussion
When you have completed the Rent Calculation portion of the seminar, you should be able to:
- Identify the types of income that must be included in or excluded from annual income using 24 CFR Section 7 of the 50058, learning activities, and narrative instruction
- Calculate and track the earned income disallowance (EID) using 24 CFR, NMA’s EID worksheet, learning activities, discussion, and narrative instruction
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets using 24 CFR, Section 6 of the 50058, learning activities, and narrative instruction
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income using 24 CFR, Section 8 of the 50058, learning activities, and narrative instruction
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses using the HUD verification guidebook and narrative instruction
- Calculate rent using annual and adjusted income in learning activities using Sections 9, 10, and 12 of the 50058 as well as narrative instruction
|| View the agenda
||HCV Specialist Workbook 1: Eligibility and Occupancy, Workbook 2: Rent Calculation, HCV HUD References Course Book, 50058 Forms, NMA pen, pencil calculator, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||Occupancy specialists, reexamination specialists, elegibility specialist, waiting list specialists, and HCV supervisors and managers
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
||CPE units w/ exam = 38 CEU units w/ exam = 3.2
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.