This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
HCV Rent Calculation
PURPOSE: With this solid, hands-on 3-day training in better rent calculation performance, you and your staff can beat the clock for HUD's nationwide visits by RIM (Rental Integrity Monitoring) and improve your PHA's scores on two SEMAP indicators. Final rule changes regarding EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this seminar. This seminar was recently updated to include information on PIH 2013-03 and 2013-04.
All students will also receive a free Earned Income Disallowance Kit (EID) Kit. The kit will provide your staff with simplified methods to accurately qualify families for the EID, calculate the exclusion amount correctly, and track throughout the up to 48 month qualifying period.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of HCV Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate the family share and housing assistance payment (HAP) for a family in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate the HAP and family share for an HCV family using the payment standard, utility allowance, and gross rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
|SEMINAR #: ||101-021 |
|AGENDA: ||View the agenda |
|MATERIALS: ||HCV Rent Calculation Workbook, HCV HUD References Course Book, 50058 forms for HCV rent calculation, NMA pen, pencil, calculator, and bag |
|METHOD: ||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A. |
Basic program level. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None
|LENGTH: ||Three days |
|AUDIENCE: ||Occupancy specialists, reexamination specialists, and quality control officers |
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available. |
|CREDITS: ||CPE units w/ exam = 21 CEU units w/ exam = 1.8 |
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
|AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: || |
This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish, receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information.
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
|REGISTER: ||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below. |