This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
PURPOSE: Maximize SEMAP points for selection from the waiting list and ensure that you and your staff understand the critical basics of housing choice voucher eligibility by enrolling in this 2-day training. Final rule changes regarding social security number verification and EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this training. This seminar has been updated for VAWA 2013.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of the HCV Eligibility Training, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to determining eligibility in the housing choice voucher (HCV) program.
- Read and interpret HUD notices, regulations, and other resources with a focus on critical information
- Explain the requirements for disclosure and documentation of social security numbers and the requirements of verification.
- Categorize the different types of citizenship status as well as the resulting types of families and identify how citizenship status affects eligibility and rent.
- Discuss income limits and their role in the eligibility process
- Apply the student rule to the eligibility process
- Describe factors of eligibility, waiting list requirements, and preferences
|SEMINAR #: ||101-020 |
|AGENDA: || View the agenda |
|MATERIALS: || HCV Eligibility Workbook, HCV HUD References Course Book, NMA pen, pencil, and bag |
|METHOD: || A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A) |
Basic program level. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None
|LENGTH: || Two days |
|AUDIENCE: || Eligibility specialists, waiting list supervisors and HCV staff |
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available. |
|CREDITS: ||CPE units w/ exam = 12 CEU units w/ exam = 1.0 |
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
|AVAILABLE IN SPANISH: ||This seminar is available in Spanish. Agencies who request this seminar in Spanish, receive a bilingual trainer and the PowerPoint presentation for the seminar in Spanish. Contact us for more information. |
Este seminario esta disponible en español. Una agencia puede pedir este seminario en español y recibirá un entrenador bilingüe y la presentación de power point será en español. Comuníquese con nuestra oficina para más información.
|REGISTER: ||Contact email@example.com or call (800) 783-3100 to learn how you can bring this class to your agency. |