This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity
PURPOSE: Successful error reduction strategies and fraud prevention begin with interviewing. This training provides the know-how to produce skilled, well-trained interviewing staff, utilize effective tools for communication and data collection, and bring into being a standardized staff interviewing methodology. Throughout the training, you will examine hands-on case studies that illustrate topics such as conducting eligibility interviews, resolving discrepancies, questions to prevent fraud, ideas for data collection, and verification forms. The training allows attendees to identify key policy issues to reduce errors and prevent fraud.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of the Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Identify the skills needed for interviewing effectively
- Learn a planned approach to interviewing
- Improve your listening skills
- Improve your questioning techniques:
- What makes one question better than another?
- What questions should you avoid?
- How do you bridge questions to gather maximum information
- Deal more effectively with "zero-income" families
- Recognize the difference between a participant's "failure to report" and "fraud"
- Utilize interview tools and forms for program integrity
- Identify policy issues to improve program integrity
|SEMINAR #: ||101-058 |
|AGENDA: ||View the agenda |
|MATERIALS: ||Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity workbook; handouts, including a laminated “Income” sign, “Assets” sign and “My Job/Your Job” sign, NMA pen, pencil, and bag |
|METHOD: ||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, seminar materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A |
Basic program level. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None
|LENGTH: ||Two days |
|AUDIENCE: ||Occupancy staff, Supervisors and Directors of HCV and Public Housing programs, quality control staff, and anyone conducting tenant interviews |
|EXAM: ||No exam available for this seminar |
|CREDITS: ||CPE units w/ exam = 16 CEU units w/ exam = 1.4 |
|REGISTER: ||Fill out a PDF registration form and send to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below. |