Purpose: Improve your physical score, know the UPCS! This training covers the five areas of inspection items and the defect definitions for each item. You can learn about sites, building exterior, systems, common areas, units, and health and safety. This seminar covers the inspection timeline, the “code of conduct” all REAC inspectors are required to follow, and the technical review/appeal process. For onsite training, an optional third day that includes a field inspection can be added.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the UPCS Fundamentals Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Understand UPCS definitions, including building exterior, systems, common areas, units, and health and safety
- Understand how to plan your workload from inspection to maintenance workflow
- Conduct an annual inspection overview, including the physical inspection timetable, contractors or inspectors, preparing for the inspection, and the inspection itself
- Understand the communication of defects including identifying defects to site management staff and site maintenance
- Explain the technical review and appeals
- Understand how to improve your HA/AMP physical PHAS score
- Understand how to increase your odds of a successful scoring appeal
||View the agenda
||UPCS Quick Check Guide, UPCS seminar note pads, UPCS handouts (OCE), NMA pen, pencil and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||UPCS inspectors and supervisors
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
This seminar does not provide HUD REAC Inspector certification. Visit www.hud.gov for information on REAC Inspector certifications.
||CPE units w/ exam= 15 CEU units w/ exam = 1.3
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.