This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
Self-Sufficiency Service Coordination
PURPOSE: Provide self-sufficiency staff with the tools to understand just what it takes to assist a family in moving to economic stability. This 3-day training can teach you the FSS basics, including a variety of topics such as essential steps in case management, key self-sufficiency strategies, community collaboration, problem solving, crisis management, resources and referrals, creative FSS programs, program assessment, and case studies.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Self-Sufficiency Service Coordination Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should understand:
- Self-sufficiency welfare reform
- Self-sufficiency in the national and family perspectives
- Self-sufficiency defined
- Defining self-sufficiency case management
- The role of planning in case management
- The case management process, including intake and assessment, goal setting and resources, and monitoring and completion
- Effective communication in case management
- Crisis management for case managers
- The self-sufficiency community mandate and partners
- Self-sufficiency program design
- Creative FSS programs: cultural proficiency and collaboration
- Designing and redesigning your FSS programs
||View the agenda
||Self-Sufficiency Service Coordination Course Book, Strength Deployment Inventory, SS Case Management Practicum Quiz, NMA pen, pencil, calculator, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||FSS coordinators, FSS managers, SS case managers, and supervisors of these staff
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
||CPE units w/ exam = 24 CEU units w/ exam = 2.1
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.