Public Housing Rent Calculation
PURPOSE: This hands-on training covers income determination, income exclusions, assets and income from assets, adjusted income, minimum rent, tenant rent, and more. Final rule changes regarding EIV mandatory implementation are incorporated in this seminar. This course was recently updated to include information on PIH 2013-03 and 2013-04.
All students will also receive a free Earned Income Disallowance Kit (EID) Kit. The kit will provide your staff with simplified methods to accurately qualify families for the EID, calculate the exclusion amount correctly, and track throughout the up to 48 month qualifying period.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of Public Housing Rent Calculation, you should be able to explain and apply HUD regulations and guidance to calculate tenant rent in the public housing program.
- Read and interpret form HUD-50058 and its accompanying instructions
- Identify and calculate annual income
- Recognize the qualifiers for the earned income disallowance (EID), identify the exclusion periods, and calculate the disallowance
- Identify assets and calculate income from assets
- Calculate adjusted income by correctly deducting HUD-defined allowances and expenses from annual income
- Recognize the requirements for verification of income, allowances, and expenses
- Calculate total tenant payment and tenant rent
- Apply rent calculation skills to solve hands-on case studies
|SEMINAR #: ||101-013 |
|AGENDA: ||View the agenda |
|MATERIALS: ||Public Housing Performance Measures Workbook, Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) Master Book, NMA pen, pencil, calculator, and bag |
|METHOD: ||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A. |
Basic program level. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None
|LENGTH: ||Three days |
|AUDIENCE: ||Occupancy specialists, reexam specialists, and property managers |
|EXAM: ||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available. |
|CREDITS: ||CPE units = 21 CEU units = 1.7 |
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
|REGISTER: ||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below. |