Public Housing Asset Management for Executives
PURPOSE: This training is the perfect launch for new PHA leaders and a strategic check-up for executive managers in times of change. Putting it all together in a project-based and asset management model, this training can teach you to reevaluate your public housing portfolio and plan strategically. Leverage and expand your resources through entrepreneurial business development, including setting up nonprofit, public and private partnerships, and developing new types of housing such as mixed income and tax credit housing. Master and manage project-based PHAS and asset management criteria. Understanding how the projects pay for all services and central office costs is a must to oversee management of the projects, the portfolio as a whole, and to strategically position your PHA for financial viability. This training is an intensive four days with a certification examination on the fifth day.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Public Housing Asset Management for Executives Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Understand the roles and relationships within your PHA, your community, and the governmental environment
- Identify your key PHA policies and understand the process of policy development
- Define private sector principles in public housing project and portfolio management
- Apply the principles, revenues, and expenses in project-based accounting and budgeting to oversee the budgeting process for the project and the portfolio
- Analyze the entrepreneurial strategies best suited to your PHA
- Understand HUD's nondiscrimination requirements to avoid liability and minimize risk at your PHA
- Identify and manage to criteria under the new project-based PHAS
- Use the principles, processes, steps, and reports of a quality control system to track project performance, income integrity, and other essential functions
- Apply the essentials of strategic thinking and planning to the operations of your PHA
- Identify and apply the principles of ethics and leadership in your role at the PHA
||View the agenda
||Public Housing Asset Management for Executives Course Book, PH executive management independent project, Campbell Leadership Descriptor, NMA pen, pencil, calculator, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||PHAS coordinators, public housing directors, public housing managers, and public housing supervisors
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
||CPE units w/ exam = 38 CEU units w/ exam = 3.2
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.