Property Manager Essentials
PURPOSE: The critical component of successful PHA transition to project-based accounting, budgeting, and management (PBM) is highly skilled staff at the sites. Property managers must know how to manage their properties as a business. Gaining the knowledge, skills and abilities to be business managers includes monitoring and managing to the budget, overseeing the marketability, curb appeal and unit turnaround of the property to keep units leased (which may include site-based waiting lists), collecting rents to maximize cash, and buying goods and services for the project. Effective supervision at the project means that expectations are clear and performance is being monitored. In this training, you can learn all this, in addition to other valuable topics such as lease enforcement, terminations, property management, PHAS, and nondiscrimination requirements.
This seminar has been updated to include improved reports to monitor performance of the property, updated PHAS information, how to manage a site-based waiting list, and best-practice marketing strategies.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Property Manager Essentials training, using HUD regulations, HUD guidance, you should be able to:
- Recognize the fundamentals of property management, focusing on keeping units leased, marketing, managing a site-based waiting list, collecting rents, and supervising the administrative and maintenance function at the property
- Apply HUD's new project-based model to your program
- Define HUD's nondiscrimination requirements as they relate to public housing
- Apply effective progressive lease enforcement strategies
- Apply PHAS performance measurements to daily project operations
- Understand how to manage the project as a business by working closely with the budget, recognizing all the revenues and expenses of the project, identifying variances in the budget-to-actual reports, and making sound financial decisions and recommendations
- Apply the fundamentals of procuring goods and services for the project and managing contracts using the basics of procurement laws, regulations, and PHA policies
- Identify key reports of project performance and quality control
- Identify the elements of effective supervision
||View the agenda
||Property Manager Essentials Workbook, Property Manager Essentials Reference Material, NMA pen, pencil, calculator, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||Project managers and asset managers
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
||CPE units w/ exam = 23 CEU units w/ exam = 1.9
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.