This department is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products and services.
Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity
SEMINAR DESCRIPTION: Successful error reduction strategies and fraud prevention begin with interviewing. This training provides the know-how to produce skilled, well-trained interviewing staff, utilize effective tools for communication and data collection, and bring into being a standardized staff interviewing methodology. Throughout the seminar, you will examine hands-on case studies that illustrate topics such as conducting eligibility interviews, resolving discrepancies, questions to prevent fraud, ideas for data collection, and verification forms. The training allows attendees to identify key policy issues to reduce errors and prevent fraud.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you should be able to:
- Identify the skills needed for interviewing effectively
- Conduct a planned approach to interviewing
- Improve your listening skills
- Improve your questioning techniques:
- Understand what makes one question better than another
- Recognize how to match diagnosed deficiencies with appropriate improvement strategies to achieve maximum occupancy
- Understand how to compile reliable data and reports to track project and portfolio performance and analyze trends
- Identify how to use PHAS and other performance data to strategically plan project and portfolio improvement
||View the agenda
||Effective Interviewing for Program Integrity workbook; handouts, including a laminated “Income” sign, “Assets” sign and “My Job/Your Job” sign, NMA pen, pencil, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, class materials (workbook, course book or master book), brainstorming, and Q & A.
||Occupancy staff, Supervisors and Directors of HCV and Public Housing programs, quality control staff, and anyone conducting tenant interviews
||No exam available for this seminar
||CPE units w/ exam = 16 CEU units w/ exam = 1.4
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.