Capital Improvement Fund
SEMINAR DESCRIPTION: If you are a public housing asset/site manager, modernization coordinator, physical needs assessment inspector, maintenance supervisor, or AMP manager, this 2-day training is essential. Learn how to administer capital funds with new, improved techniques for allocations, identifying program requirements, cost eligibilities, PHA analysis, rehabilitation and maintenance goals, working with contractors and architects, bidding, and more. It has never been more important to understand the concepts of asset sustainability as budgets continue to shrink.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of the Capital Improvement Fund Training, using HUD regulations and guidance, you will understand:
- Project-based considerations, including the planning process
- Long-term planning for viability and sustainability
- Physical needs assessments
- The asset management model for modernization needs
- How “green” fits into modernization
- Prioritizing needed work, including lifecycle and cost estimates
- Developing a cost benefit analysis for materials selection
- The project-based plan, including maintenance and management goals
- Forms and documents
- How to use project tracking tools (i.e., Microsoft Project
- The nuts and bolts, including construction specifications, inspections of work, and construction standards
- The temporary regulatory requirements resulting from ARRA, stimulus funds, and the “Buy American” provision
- How to work with residents and community groups, architects, contractors, and building departments
||View the agenda
||Capital Fund Program Course Book, Capital Fund Program Appendices Course Book, NMA pen, pencil, and bag
||A group-live seminar featuring PowerPoint, case studies, group discussion, seminar materials (course books), group exercise, and Q & A
||Public housing asset/site managers, modernization coordinators, senior inspectors, and maintenance supervisors, and AMP managers
||The certification exam is available for $150. Select the exam during checkout or click here to view a list of certification exams available.
||CPE units w/ exam = 15 CEU units w/ exam = 1.2
No prerequisites or advanced preparation required for this course
||Fill out the PDF registration form and fax to 619.258.5791. Or select the seminar you'd like to attend from the list of locations and dates below.